November 3–4, 2023
Dallas is delightful in the Fall. The Cowboys and Longhorns give us lots to cheer or cry about, the American Elm leaves begin to turn coppery shades of red and orange, the annual State Fair brings a medley of the most unusual fried foods that only a true Texan could dream up, and typically cooler temperatures start to settle in. It’s the perfect time of year to visit.
If you wish to explore Dallas, we’ve put together our best of the best of Big D!
PLACES TO EAT
PLACES TO Drink
PLACES TO SHOP
PLACES TO SEE
PLACES FOR HELP
- DFW is the country’s largest landlocked metropolitan area.
- The term ‘Super Bowl’ was coined in Dallas by Lamar Hunt.
- The Dallas Arts District is the largest urban arts district in the United States.
- The Cowboys (America’s Team) were first called the Steers.
- Highland Park Village is the nation’s first planned shopping center.
- The frozen margarita was invented here by restauranteur Mariano Martinez.
- At 52 feet tall, the State Fair of Texas mascot, ‘Big Tex’ is the tallest cowboy in Texas.